[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD snapshot with Xorg 7.5.2

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 10:16:36 PST 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> On 02/27/2012 13:57, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> >

> > My opinion is that "Stamping boot0 on /dev/ada0 ..."
> > is NOT working .
> >
> > I think , after writing that part , a check by reading it to verify
> > correctness of writing
> > ( if it is possible ) may be useful , because , nearly , all of the
> > boot failures are result of
> > failure of this step .
> >

> The installer does check the exit status of these stamp commands to
> ensure they finish properly.
>
> We can easily test if boot0 is the problem though. If you do the install
> again, go to disk setup -> advanced and use the full disk, try checking
> "GPT" mode this time. It wont do the boot0 install, but instead will do
> a pmbr setup which may work better on your system.
>

> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> iXsystems

Exit status always may not show correct value . For that reason , copy
operations , CD/DVD burning programs are VERIFYING written data by
re-reading it . My suggestion was such a re-read to verify whether written
values are correctly written or not .

The installation performed with respect to the above steps : "Partition
disk with GPT" has been checked .

The installed system has been booted with default boot options .

Asked :

"Your display has been automatically configured . Keep these settings ? "
YES has been clicked .

Screen lost display , become off , and system frozen .

Hard reset has been applied .

The installed system has been booted with default boot options .

Asked :

"Your display has been automatically configured . Keep these settings ? "
YES has been clicked .

Screen lost display , become off , and system frozen .

Hard reset has been applied .

The installed system has been booted with default boot options .

Asked :

"Your display has been automatically configured . Keep these settings ? "
NO has been clicked .

"Display settings" dialog box appeared :

Correct geometry has been set .
Video driver : intel has been selected .

Apply has been clicked .

"The settings you have specified ..."

message has been displayed . Ok has been clicked .

"Keep these settings ?" displayed with "Auto-close ..." and closed .

Screen lost display , become off , and system frozen .

Hard reset has been applied .

The installed system has been booted with default boot options .

Asked :

"Your display has been automatically configured . Keep these settings ? "
NO has been clicked .

"Display settings" dialog box appeared :

Only Correct geometry has been set .

Apply has been clicked .

"The settings you have specified ..."

message has been displayed . Ok has been clicked .

"Keep these settings ?" displayed with "Auto-close ..." and closed .

Screen lost display , become off , and system frozen .

Hard reset has been applied .

The installed system has been booted with default boot options .

Asked :

"Your display has been automatically configured . Keep these settings ? "
NO has been clicked .

"Display settings" dialog box appeared :

Without changing anything

SKIP has been clicked .

Screen lost display , become off , and system frozen .

Hard reset has been applied .

The computer has been switched off .