[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD snapshot with Xorg 7.5.2

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Feb 28 08:08:43 PST 2012

On 02/27/2012 13:57, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:

> My opinion is that "Stamping boot0 on /dev/ada0 ..."
> is NOT working .
>
> I think , after writing that part , a check by reading it to verify
> correctness of writing
> ( if it is possible ) may be useful , because , nearly , all of the
> boot failures are result of
> failure of this step .
>

> Thank you very much .
>

> Mehmet Erol Sanliturk

The installer does check the exit status of these stamp commands to
ensure they finish properly.

We can easily test if boot0 is the problem though. If you do the install
again, go to disk setup -> advanced and use the full disk, try checking
"GPT" mode this time. It wont do the boot0 install, but instead will do
a pmbr setup which may work better on your system.