[PC-BSD Testing] OpenOffice-fr and Firefox locale troubles

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Mon Feb 27 13:44:39 PST 2012

On 02/25/2012 17:11, Sven Moeller wrote:
> On 25.02.2012 05:43, Janik Galasso wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> I've been experiencing a few problems with both OpenOffice-fr and
>> Firefox pbi (which is installed on PC-BSD 9 i386 with AppCafe)
>>
>> First of all, OpenOffice-fr seems to have broken links on the desktop
>> and the menus on Gnome (they don't work)
>>
>> As for Firefox, that latest version doesn't seem to be able to change
>> it's interface language with the locale switcher plugin that comes with
>> Firefox, when I select French (Canada) I get a message saying that the
>> locale is being changed and that I should restart Firefox (which I do)
>> but when it comes back it's still in English, even though in the plugin
>> menu (tools menu) French seems to be selected.
>>
>> Any idea on how to fix my firefox problem and if it's possible to fix
>> the OpenOffice-fr links?

> Hi,
>
> i can confirm the firefox language issue trying to use "german". This
> also applies to thunderbird.

This is a current bug with the FreeBSD Firefox and Thunderbird programs.
There is an ongoing discussion about it on the FreeBSD ports mailing
list here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2012-February/073317.html

It sounds like it is going to get resolved here very soon though.

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems