[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD snapshot with Xorg 7.5.2

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Feb 27 10:01:43 PST 2012

On 02/27/2012 12:57, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:

> After installation of PC-BSD 9.0 Snapshot 2012-02-25 amd64 DVD , it is
> not booting :
>
> Displayed messages :
>

> Intel(R) Boot Agent ...

> PXE-E61 : Media test failure , check cable
> PXE-M0F : Exiting Intel Boot Agent
>
> No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key
>

> Installation Steps :
>

> Language : English ---> Click Next
> Desktop : KDE        ---> Click Next
>
> Disk Selection :
> The disk will be setup with the following configuration :
>
> Partition : ada0(ALL)
> File System : ZFS
> Size : 238 465 MB
> Mount : / , /swap (volsize=2G|org.freebsd:swap=on|checksum=off),/var,/usr.
>             /usr/ports(compression=on),/usr/src(compression=on),/tmp
>
>           - ---> Click Next
>
> Start the installation now ?
>
>            --> Click YES
>

> i.e. , only the presented defaults ( also in all of the previous 9.0
> related amd64 DVD distributions )
> are selected .
>

> Main Board : Intel DG965WH
> Processor   : Q6600
> Memory      : 8 GB
>

> Thank you very much .
>

> Mehmet Erol Sanliturk

Thanks for the feedback! Can you re-test by clicking configure on the
disk page and doing the following steps:

Mode: Advanced
Disk: ALL
FileSystem: UFS
Mounts: Default

Then re-install, do you get the same error? If so that'll help me figure
out which step is causing the failure, and ensure its not just zfsboot.