[PC-BSD Testing] pc-sysmanager go behind System Configuration Window

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Mon Feb 27 09:58:00 PST 2012

Thanks for trying out the new Bluetooth Manager!
At this point, the bluetooth GUI only simplifies the pairing of the
devices and usage of the hcsecd daemon. I am planning to add support for
starting/running some of the bluetooth services (such as file transfer)
but I have not gotten to that stage yet.

I am currently following the FreeBSD bluetooth manual here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-bluetooth.html

If you want to try to setup the bluetooth services yourself, just follow
the guide and see how well it works. Also, if you send me a list of the
CLI commands that you had to run to start/use the service, I will try to
get that process added to the Bluetooth GUI as well. The main holdup
right now is the lack of various bluetooth devices for me to test with
and the time it takes to actually perform all the testing. So any input
you have will definitely speed up the final version of the Bluetooth
Manager.

Thanks again!

~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems