[PC-BSD Testing] Testing Bluetooth manager

Hans Ruhe hansruhe1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 14:25:28 PST 2012

Hello Kris and all other testers,

As I am new to testing I hope I did it right. I tested a Samsung Galaxy II
and a Sitecom Bluetooth adapter usb 2.0  and it was visible in the tray
manager. Sadly to say that although a pin was asked and I gave it, the
message was refused by PCBSD-184 which is my pcbsd machine. It is asking
for a key

My system is selfbuild:

8 GB internal memory
500 GB Western Digital Blue Caviar Serial ATA
AMD dual core proc
Asus Motherboard M4N78-AM

this is the outcome::

This libgtop was compiled on FreeBSD 9.0-RC3 amd64
If you see strange problems caused by it,
you should recompile libgtop and dependent applications
Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported
Locale: "nl"
Restarting hcsecd
"Initiating Connection: 00:00:00:00:00:00"
"Error: Page timeout - Check that device is in range and turned on"
"Initiating Connection: 00:01:02:03:04:05"
"Error: Page timeout - Check that device is in range and turned on"
"Initiating Connection: 00:11:22:33:44:55"
"Error: Page timeout - Check that device is in range and turned on"
Finished restarting Bluetooth Services
Restarting hcsecd
"Initiating Connection: 00:00:00:00:00:00"
"Error: Page timeout - Check that device is in range and turned on"
"Initiating Connection: 00:01:02:03:04:05"
"Error: Page timeout - Check that device is in range and turned on"
"Initiating Connection: 00:11:22:33:44:55"
"Error: Page timeout - Check that device is in range and turned on"
Finished restarting Bluetooth Services
Attempted to refresh an unknown tab number: -1
Attempted to refresh an unknown tab number: -1
"Bluetooth Connection: Error: #0x6 : Key missing"
"Bluetooth Connection: Error: #0x6 : Key missing"
"Bluetooth Connection: Error: #0x6 : Key missing"
"Bluetooth Connection: Error: #0x6 : Key missing"
"Bluetooth Connection: Error: #0x6 : Key missing"
"Bluetooth Connection: Error: #0x6 : Key missing"

This is the info from the Bluetoothmanager:

BD_ADDR: 84:25:db:1c:8d:de

Name: Galaxy

Key: nokey

PIN: 0000

Which key is needed and where can I find it or generate one ?

If I did the posting incorrect or if you need the data in a different form
or in a logfile please give me the feedback for that.

Best Regards,

Hans