[PC-BSD Testing] Eclipse Update Fails

Ronald Georgia rong1611 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 12:41:21 PST 2012

All,
The plugins work fine. I can download and install all the plugins in need. The problem is when I update.

Help -> Check for Updates

Dialog box displays with the title "Available Updates". The only option is "Eclipse SDK" version 3.6.2.M20110210-12 with a location ID of org.eclipse.sdk.ide. Click "Next>" and it brings up the confirmation to update "Eclipse Project SDK" and "Equinox p2 Provisioning".
Once you accept the terms it (of course) downloads and installs the updates. I watched the /usr/pbi/eclipse-amd64/lib/eclipse and about 90% into the install process the eclipse binary is removed. Of course it fails to restart. Error message (launched from .sbin):
Error: ECLIPSE_HOME is not defined correctly: /usr/pbi/eclipse-amd64/lib/eclipse
       Unable to find eclipse launcher binary

This occurs if I install as user or as root.
Two significant changes:
1. the eclipse binary is removed from /usr/pbi/eclipse-amd64/lib/eclipse
2. The eclipse-amd64/lib/eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator directory is removed too

r0n ge0rgia
John 13:23