[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 9 Fonts washed out and unreadable

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 10:13:31 PST 2012

On one of my PCBSD 9.0-RELEASE installations, my fonts are washed out.
They are almost to the point of being unreadable.

uname -a
9.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE #3: Tue Dec 27 14:14:29 PST 2011
root at build9x64.pcbsd.org:/usr/obj/builds/amd64/pcbsd-build90/fbsd-source/9.0/sys/GENERIC
amd64

I'm using an nVidia GeForce 9400 GT (G96) with nVidia driver version 290.10

I have re-installed the video settings without any improvement.

The X.org Log contains several of the following kinds of entries.

The directory "/usr/local/libX11/fonts/ae_fonts 1/AGA" does not exist.