[PC-BSD Testing] FISH protocol not working properly in Dolphin

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 05:53:53 PST 2012


Note I can download files from the remote server ok, it's just uploading where it reports the connection is broken.

How can I troubleshoot this?  I need to at least figure out if it's FreeBSD or PCBSD that's responsible, though I suspect the former.

I'll post this issue in the FreeBSD forums too.




>________________________________
> From: Jeff <dejamuse at yahoo.com>
>To: PC-BSD Testing list <testing at lists.pcbsd.org> 
>Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:34 PM
>Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] FISH protocol not working properly in Dolphin
> 
>
>Tested in Konqueror - same problem using split pane to copy a file connected with the fish protocol to remote server.  Cancelled the KDE Dolphin bug I filed.
>
>
>After clicking "copy" in the pop-up dialog, I immediately get the "Connection is broken" error, but then I get a pop-up saying "Copying finished", yet only part of the file made it.
>
>
>I copied a file of 34.8kb, but the resulting file showed 31.5kb.  Again, scp with the same file works fine.
>
>
>
>
>>________________________________
>> 
>>
>>
>>I just tested this with the same connection and same SSH key using KDE 4.7.4 and Dolphin on Ubuntu 11.04 and it worked, so I'm wondering if this is maybe a problem with FreeBSD/PCBSD?
>>
>>
>>Copying the same file using scp in a terminal works fine, it's just in Dolphin using drag and drop from one pane to the next that it fails.
>>
>>
>>Is there an easy way to update to KDE 4.7.4?
>>
>>
>>
>>How to troubleshoot this?
>>
>>===================
>>>
>>>I discovered a bug in Dolphin after upgrading from 8.1 to 9.
>>>
>>>
>>>I have been using Dolphin to connect to a remote server using the FISH protocol and a private SSH key with no problems, using KDE 4.4.5 on PCBSD 8.1.
>>>
>>>
>>>After upgrading, this stopped working properly - now a file transfer, or other operations on a remote file never complete, they get most of the way through and then fail with this error: 
>>>"Connection to host 'xxx' is broken"
>>>
>>>Same problem when editing a remote file with a local editor.
>>>
>>>Minor file operations like rename, delete, etc. still work fine.
>>>
>>>I reported the bug here: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=293824
>>>
>>>_______________________________________________
>>>Testing mailing list
>>>Testing at lists.pcbsd.org
>>>http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/testing
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>Testing mailing
 list
>>Testing at lists.pcbsd.org
>>http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/testing
>>
>>
>>
>_______________________________________________
>Testing mailing list
>Testing at lists.pcbsd.org
>http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/testing
>
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pcbsd.org/pipermail/testing/attachments/20120220/12161419/attachment.html>


More information about the Testing mailing list