[PC-BSD Testing] New NVidia drivers released: 295.20

Tigersharke . tigersharke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 22:52:05 PST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM, N V <VaNs9 at yandex.ru> wrote:

> BTW, I want to ask to try building it with FREEBSD_ACPI. Is there any way
> to build it and make it available for testing, without it being added to
> the updates for all users?
>
> These (FREEBSD_ACPI) may add/fix 'sleep' on notebooks/laptops.
>
> Regards,
> Vans.
>
> 14.02.2012, 02:38, "Arthur" <A-Koziol at neiu.edu>:
> > http://www.nvidia.com/object/freebsd-x86-295.20-driver.html

I wonder that since ACPI tends to be a black art (or voo doo etc, meaning
that there seems to be a lot of inconsistency/variation and difficult to
predict which system may need or what results arise) whether having two
different versions of the driver available might be a useful thing- one
built with ACPI and one without.