[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD9 and Eclipse

Ronald Georgia rong1611 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 10:24:32 PST 2012

All,
I downloaded eclipse-3.6.2_1-amd64.pbi and installed as root:

[root at rong1611-s1] ~/Downloads# pbi_add -v ./eclipse-3.6.2_1-amd64.pbi

 Got this message after install:

Extraction Finished!
Installed: Eclipse-3.6.2_1

Of course I had to run the app as root (launching as user the update locations were not populated). First launch worked. Selected Help --> Check for Updates and installed SDK updates. After the update was complete Eclipse would not restart. Launched Eclipse as root from the command line and got the same error message:

Error: ECLIPSE_HOME is not defined correctly: /usr/pbi/eclipse-amd64/lib/eclipse
       Unable to find eclipse launcher binary

r0n ge0rgia
John 13:23