[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD9 and Eclipse

Ron Georgia rong1611 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 06:27:45 PST 2012

All,

I am using PCBSD 9.0 (fresh install) amd64. I installed Eclipse from PBI
and everything installed nicely. The first launch of eclipse worked. I
was able to add Ruby and PyDev without a problem. However when I
performed an update (for eclipse) the binary file was removed from the
/usr/pbi/eclipse-amd64/lib/eclipse directory. When I launch from the
command line I get this message (of course):

Error: ECLIPSE_HOME is not defined correctly:
/usr/pbi/eclipse-amd64/lib/eclipse
        Unable to find eclipse launcher binary

I reinstalled and copied the original binary, did the update (binary now
gone) and copied the original binary to its proper location, and of
course that generates a different error.

After the "upgrade" I did a sudo find / -name eclipse -type f -print,
alas! The file is gone. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Ron G