[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD9.1-x86-USBFULL.img.bz2 not bootable (after bunzip2'ing)

Productnews productnews at hvf.ch
Wed Dec 26 10:08:37 PST 2012

After the disastrous update exercise (9.1-RC3 to 9.1, see my earlier
mails) I downloaded (10 hours over cable modem) and verified  (md5)
PCBSD9.1-x86-USBFULL.img.bz2 before unbunzing and copying to an 8 GB USB
stick.
I found that there is *NO BOOTBLOCK* on the image (first 8kB is zero).
The image is not bootable by any stretch of the imagination.

I am sorry to say that this release has apparently not undergone any QA
before publication. I cannot continue testing PCBSD under these
circumstances.

Sorry for that

Harald