[PC-BSD Testing] Some of desktop icons in are blanks in Gnome

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Sat Dec 22 12:52:14 PST 2012

On 12/22/2012 13:02, Lars Engels wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 11:54:26PM +0700, claive alvin Acedilla wrote:
>> These icons are marked as Untrusted.
>> If I run them as trusted the icons will reappear.
>> I do not know why they are mark as Untrusted while on my default desktop
>> where I installed the apps, they are not marked and will run directly.
>> In KDE these apps are marked as Untrusted with red exclamation mark.
> I thought this was fixed already? Wasn't it caused by wrong file
> permissions on the .desktop files?

Without looking into it at all, I would guess that it is simply that the
programs mentioned have not had their PBI's updated (which means that
the program itself has not been updated) since the fix for the desktop
file permissions has implemented. If this is the case, I might be able
to just go through the list and test/approve the most recent builds of
those PBI's to get them updated with respect to some of these minor PBI
improvements.

Do *all* the PBI's you install have this problem or is it just a few
specific ones? If it is only specific PBI's, send me a list of the ones
that need to be updated and I will work on that right after Christmas.

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems