[PC-BSD Testing] Installing 9.1 rc failed

Hans Ruhe hansruhe1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 03:09:19 PDT 2012

Hi Kris and team.

I have a Gygabyte A75 motherboard with an A6 AMD processor with 4 GB
internal memory. Unfortenately the test failed all together as PCBSD did
not want to boot (from DVD) as I wanted to install XBMC.

Perhaps the hardware is not yet supported, which I can understand as you
want the " basic systems " running. The motherboard was tested very well .

This is the motherboard :
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3928#ov   Instead of
the integrated Ati videocard, I used a Nvidia gf 9600 passive cooled.
  the processor is triple core A6 AMD.

XBMC did run on my Athlon dual core system.

I ordered 8GB for the htpc machine extra. Hopefully it will be supported in
the near future ?

Best regards,
Hans

I want to say that you do a lot of good work for PCBSD , I enjoy it to run
it on my computer even in a rc state !! Thank you for bringing the
professional software to the desktop ! I worked at GE with UNIX and it was
very stable :-)