[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9.1-RC1 - Now available!

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Aug 28 06:02:36 PDT 2012

On 08/28/2012 00:25, krzysiek wrote:
> Hi.
> I installed pcbsd-9.1 rc1 x64. System works fine, but i have some
> problems:
>
> 1) with installer - i was unable to run pcbsd dvd when dvd-rom was in
> ahci mode; i have to change it to ide in motherboard bios (linux Mint
> installer works fine in both cases)
>
> 2) with pbis:
>
> krusader pbi:
> - I have to add /usr/local/lib/kde4/libexec/kdesu path to krusader
> settings to make it start it at root
> - i was unable to unpack zip file (I have "internal error").
>
> warden pbi:
>  - i have to add line
> PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/home/ramesh:/usr/local/bin
> to /usr/pbi/warden-amd64/warden/bin/warden
> to make it works correctly (when i tried to import jail "progdir
> unset" error appears)
>
> - configuration was unset - default values should be set in installation
>
> Regards,
> Krzysiek

I will take a look at the krusader PBI here in a minute to make sure the
path setting are set properly.

As for the Warden PBI, it has been depreciated for PC-BSD 9.1 because
the warden has gone through a massive overhaul and is now included in
the base system for 9.1-RC1 and later (It is no longer available in the
AppCafe as a result). I would recommend removing the Warden PBI
entirely, and running the warden from the PC-BSD control panel instead.

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems