[PC-BSD Testing] Very annoying bug in 9.1rc1 ISOs

Yamashiro, Jun yamajun at ofug.net
Mon Aug 27 01:51:59 PDT 2012

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 22:27:57 +0200
fredbezies <fredbezies at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I faced a very strange and annoying bug. I found it in the
> post-installation wizard. As I'm french, I wanted to run this wizard
> using french. But after I set up every single option, after I click on
> finish, wizard was not closed.
>
> I had to right click on the background, open a terminal and use xkill
> on the wizard. A virtualbox bug ? I'm using VirtualBox 4.1.20 on an
> archlinux host.
>
> Hope my bug report will help a little.

I faced similerly bug of installer and post-installer.

Image: PCBSD9.1-RC1-x64-DVD.iso
Hardware: Lenovo ThinkPad T410i
Desktop: KDE or LXDE
Filesystem: ZFS

1. installation wizard:
In first screen(language selector).  After change language, displayed
"Abort" message in English: "Are you sure you want to abort this
installation?".  Is this correct?

2. post-installation wizard:
I changed language with "Japanese"(Why I should choose lanaguage in twice?).
But, wizard show only English message.

I progressed post-install process with English wizard, and clicked "Finish"
button.  But, reboot post-installation wizard with Japanese message and I should
re-configuration with Japanese wizard.

Start GDM login screen after clicked "Finish"(in Japanese) button.

regards,
Yamashiro, Jun			Email: yamajun at ofug.net
Okinawa FreeBSD Users Group