[PC-BSD Testing] Mixxx cannot access the sound device

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Fri Aug 24 08:38:54 PDT 2012

On 08/22/2012 16:57, claive alvin Acedilla wrote:
> Thanks Ken
>
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM, Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org
> <mailto:ken at pcbsd.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 08/21/2012 04:13, claive alvin Acedilla wrote:
>>     When you run mixxx, it will return an error that mixxx cannot
>>     access the sound device.
>>
>>     Im using PC-BSD 9.1 Beta 1 DVD i386 32 bit LXDE UFS Virutualbox
>>     Bridged
>>     connection

>     I just confirmed this on 9.1-RC1 (32-bit Virtualbox).
>     I am going to check it on actual hardware here soon, to see if it
>     might be an effect of running in a virtualbox instance.
>
>     --
>     ~~ Ken Moore ~~
>     PC-BSD/iXsystems

I have just removed the Mixxx PBI's from the AppCafe, since I am getting
the same errors on real hardware as well.
This program will go back into the approval process to see if there is
any thing that we can do to fix this problem, but since I have already
been fighting with the newer versions of this program  to even start up
it might end up taking a while.

Thanks for pointing this out again!

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~