[PC-BSD Testing] 9.1 - Flash or...lack of?

Lars Engels lars.engels at 0x20.net
Fri Aug 17 00:10:45 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:07:33PM -0400, Kris Moore wrote:
> On 08/16/2012 12:02, Hans Ruhe wrote:
> > Hi Claive
> > That is correct. I read on Adobe that there actually is no version for
> > Freebsd - PCBSD so I think Kris have to emulate that somehow ?
> > But good news that he will fix it. I see a lot of work being done
> > which gives me hope for the future of PCBSD.
> >
> > Well done guys !
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Hans
>
> That is correct, we use the Linux version of Flash. However, even that
> is being discontinued, with the new native browser flash plugins in
> Chrome, and hopefully FireFox down the road :)

Flash is being discontinued on all platforms. This week the Flash app
was removed from Google's Playstore for Android, all mobile Apple
devices never had Flash installed and Apple doesn't ship the new
notebooks with Flash.
HTML5 is mature enough to replace Flash these days, so hopefully Flash
will RIP soon.