[PC-BSD Testing] Cannot run pencil

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Aug 14 07:43:05 PDT 2012

On 08/10/2012 03:07, claive wrote:
> I cannot run pencil from desktop, menu and run launcher.
> Tried to run from terminal, i get this error message instead:
>
> /usr/local/lib/qt4/libQtOpenGL.so.4: Undefined symbol
> "_ZNK14QWidgetPrivate17hasHeightForWidthEv"
>

> Im using PC-BSD 9.1 Beta 1 i386 32 bit LXDE UFS Virutualbox Bridged
> connection

I just tested the 32-bit pencil on PC-BSD 9.0-Release and it works just
fine.
I am thinking there might be some difference in the libQtOpenGL library
between the two different releases, which should not be a factor for the
PBI.
Try testing it out on 9.1-RC1 when it comes out to make sure it is not
an issue with the Beta release. In the meantime, I am going to include
the x11/qt4-opengl port with the pencil PBI, to see if we can remove the
dependency on the system library entirely.

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems