[PC-BSD Testing] Many apps are still created under Other menu

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Wed Aug 8 09:51:07 PDT 2012

On 08/08/2012 01:01, claive wrote:
> Many apps are still created under Other menu. The app menus for these
> apps are not created under their appropriate menu.
> In my app installations I have these apps created under Other menu:
> audacity, clamtk, devede, epiphany, gxine, k9copy, multiget, osmo,
> pgcalc, padevchooser, sabnzbdplus, notecase, parcellite, soundconverter
>
> Im using PC-BSD 9.1 Beta 1 i386 32 bit LXDE UFS Virutualbox Bridged
> connection

It looks like all our modules for these PBI's have the proper menu
entries already set, so it is most likely that these programs have not
had a major version update since the menu entries were fixed (quite a
while ago).

I have been waiting for actual program updates (not minor portrevisions)
to update the PBI's, since an invalid menu category is a relatively
minor bug to justify rebuilding/approving our entire collection of PBI's
at once. However, I can go ahead and check specific PBI's for the latest
minor portrevisions and get those approved, just to make sure that the
menu entries are set in the proper category. Just let me know which
one(s) you want fixed immediately and I can take care of it for you.

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems