[PC-BSD Testing] Features in PC-BSD 9.1 Beta 1 is not included in the handbook.

Curt Dox tigersharke at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 14:59:01 PDT 2012

Hello..

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 7:40 AM, claive alvin Acedilla <
cabpacedilla at gmail.com> wrote:

> Features in PC-BSD 9.1 Beta 1 is not yet included in the handbook.
> The handbook is still 9.0.
>
> Im using PC-BSD 9.1 Beta 1 DVD i386 32bit UFS Gnome Virtualbox 3.2.10

*What features? *There are sections of the handbook wiki that are
specifically indicated as *changed for v9.1*, and other new pages to the
handbook that do not apply to 9.0 at all.  We transition the handbook from
the current release (v9.0) to the new upcoming release (the version that
would be in testing snapshot form and later in beta then RC) almost
immediately after the handbook wiki is published in its various forms (for
the 'current' release).

There are only about four consistently active editors on the wiki. The wiki
is open to anyone to assist with any editing tasks, including those that do
not involve English language proficiency. There are over 400 different
external links within the handbook, over 100 separate handbook wiki pages,
11 primary chapters, 95 sub-chapter pages (15 of these for different
desktop information, and 19 for the different control panel items).  The
handbook continues to grow along with the capabilities of PC-BSD. This is
not a complaint about too much work for too few people, but consider that
due to the vastness of the handbook in relation to the numbers of editors
it will certainly take longer to accomplish and sometimes things can get
overlooked.

*It is easy to assist:* create an account on the wiki, verify your email
address, login and start editing. Ask questions along the way but do not
fear your mistakes because they will become known and can be corrected as
necessary.  It is very much a cooperative community effort, no one is
excluded (except link spammers and those who intentionally vandalize).

Have a wonderful day!