[PC-BSD Testing] /var partition easily gets filled up

claive alvin Acedilla cabpacedilla at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 12:18:32 PDT 2012

No i did not encounter any crashes or forcefully killed the system, but i
though encountered errors like the one below from System Packages installer
but seemed installed the meta-pkg.

"The meta-pkg manager returned an error. For more details please look at
the log file: /tmp/.pc-metapkgmanager.log

Pending Meta-Package changes: 2
Installing package: xfce-4.8
tar: etc/dm/Sessions/XFce4.desktop: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
Installing package: midori-0.4.2
Warning in file
"/usr/local/share/applications/nautilus-folder-handler.desktop": usage of
MIME type "x-directory/gnome-default-handler" is discouraged ("x-directory"
is an old media type that should be replaced with a modern equivalent)
Warning in file
"/usr/local/share/applications/nautilus-folder-handler.desktop": usage of
MIME type "x-directory/normal" is discouraged ("x-directory" is an old
media type that should be replaced with a modern equivalent)
Warning in file "/usr/local/share/applications/pcmanfm.desktop": usage of
MIME type "x-directory/normal" is discouraged ("x-directory" is an old
media type that should be replaced with a modern equivalent)
Warning in file "/usr/local/share/applications/xarchiver.desktop": usage of
MIME type "multipart/x-zip" is discouraged ("multipart" is a media type
that probably does not make sense in this context)
Installing package: xfburn-0.4.3_2
Installing package: ristretto-0.0.93
[...]
Installing package: alacarte-0.13.2_1
Installing package: xfce4-notes-plugin-1.7.7
Installing package: xfce4-utils-4.8.3
tar: share/xsessions/xfce.desktop: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
[...]
Installing package: xfce4-messenger-plugin-0.1.0_15
Installing package: xfce4-cpugraph-plugin-1.0.1_1
Installing package: xfce4-fsguard-plugin-1.0.0_1
Installing package: xfce4-genmon-plugin-3.3.0_1
Installing package: xfce4-minicmd-plugin-0.4_13
Installing package: xfce4-netload-plugin-1.0.0_1
Installing package: xfce4-systemload-plugin-1.0.0_2
Installing package: xfce4-clipman-plugin-1.2.2
[...]
Installing package: xfce4-screenshooter-plugin-1.8.0
Installing package: xfce4-verve-plugin-1.0.0_2
Installing package: xfce4-dev-tools-4.8.0"