[PC-BSD Testing] /var partition easily gets filled up

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Apr 9 10:09:05 PDT 2012

On 04/08/2012 12:05, claive alvin Acedilla wrote:
> I can see the /var/tmp/instmp.* files when I issue du -h /var command
> from root prompt.

Ok, I did some checking and it looks like those dirs are created by the
pkg_add command in FreeBSD, which is used by the meta-pkg manager.
Usually they are supposed to be cleaned up after pkg_add finishes. Have
you had any cases where the system crashed, or you manually killed the
system package manager?