[PC-BSD Testing] About safety

Yuri Momotiuk yurkis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 08:14:48 PDT 2012

> I believe this is the purpose of Capsicum:
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/security/capsicum/.
>
> It will be interesting to see if any capsicum-enabled components will be
> ready for FreeBSD 9.1 (and thus in PC-BSD).

Right now I think about pbi integration with capsicum. For example pbi meta
information may contain some rules (seems like permissions for android
software).
While instalation process AppCafe / pbi installer
shows permissions required by pbi. PBI software launcher gets permissions
related to pbi, then create capsicum container and run application inside
it.
It should looks simular to Android apps.

--
Best regards, Yuri Momotyuk