[PC-BSD Testing] LXDE and XFCE crash with KVM

Ron Georgia rong1611 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 18:12:21 PDT 2012

All,
I am running PCBSD9.0 64bit on an HP/Compaq 7800 with 4Gig of RAM. I also use an USB KVM switch. If I boot to KDE I can switch to another workstation and come back anywhere from minutes to days (yes, I did try that) and it still worked. If I boot to LXDE or XFCE and switch to another machine, if I am away for a short while, there is no problem (anywhere from minutes to an hour). However if I stay "off" the PCBSD box for a couple of hours the X server crashes and I have to reboot. It does not matter if I disable ACPI or not. I tried booting with ACPI disabled option and I tried with ACPI disabled in the kernel. Can someone point me in the right direction? Maybe what logs to look at, etc.

Ron Georgia