[PC-BSD Testing] simple mistake erases a pbi file?

Tigersharke . tigersharke at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 09:35:38 PDT 2011

Hello..

I went through the process to create a PBI, found pbifilename.pbi in the
default directory (/usr/home/tigersharke)
While inside /usr/home/tigersharke I mistakenly typed: pbi_add -r
pbifilename.pbi

This pbifilename did not exist on the remote update server, and due to my
mistake, it was silently erased from /usr/home/tigersharke but the
pbifilename.sha256 was untouched.

It would have been nice to have a prompt to ask whether I wanted to
overwrite the file in the current working directory, or ask if I wanted to
use it since it matched the pbifilename.pbi that I was trying to get from
the remote server.

Thanks for listening.