[PC-BSD Testing] 9.0 BETA2: appcafe error when > starting "Missing

Dru Lavigne dru.lavigne at att.net
Sun Sep 25 08:32:45 PDT 2011

> That worked. Thanks. Although some categories are empty, I
> am assuming it's a work in progress.
> Side Note:I am working on starting a "class" for teaching
> PC-BSD to help people who don't  know how to use a
> computer to get started with one. The idea is to take older
> computers, load them with PCBSD, teach how to use it, and
> then give away the computer. I have a bunch that were
> donated for this purpose. Do we have something like that
> going  already? If so, who's running it?

For PC-BSD specifically, not that I'm aware of. This is very similar to Free Geek philosophy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Geek), though most of the cities I'm aware of concentrate on Ubuntu rather than PC-BSD.

If there is an URL regarding the course that you can share we'll happily mention it on the blog and at @bsdevents.

Also, let us know if you need any DVDs or "introducing PC-BSD" brochures for the course.

Cheers,

Dru