[PC-BSD Testing] USBLITE on a EeePC

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Sep 21 06:20:06 PDT 2011

On 09/21/11 04:00, Johann Hugo wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 20, 2011 07:33:00 pm Kris Moore wrote:
>> On 09/15/11 04:16, Johann Hugo wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I would like to try PCBSD9.0 on a EeePC with 4Gb flash mem. In real life
>>> it only has 3815Mb of flash.
>>>
>>> Is there a way that I can change to minimum disk size for PCBSD from
>>> 4000Mb to 3815Mb ?
>>>
>>> Johann
>> I'm shrinking the USB images down to 3.8 GB for the next release which
>> should fix it. In the meantime use the USBLITE image :)
> I did use USBLITE. The problem is that the installer only works if your target
> disk size is 4Gb or more.
>
> Is there a way that I can tell the installer that my target disk size is only
> 3.8Gb ?
>
> Johann
Oh, you mean the actual install disk is 3.8GB? That's way below our
recommended specs :( I can remove that check but it'll cause more issues
than it solves I'm thinking.

The only way around it at the moment would be to write a custom
pc-sysinstall config file, and do the install manually, bypassing the GUI.