[PC-BSD Testing] 9.0 BETA2: xfce stops responding to mouse and keyboard

Jeff Penn jeff at jrpenn.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 11:25:18 PDT 2011

I'm experiencing an intermittent problem with xfce.  When the problem
occurs the mouse pointer changes to a hand without being triggered by
any input from either the keyboard or mouse.

After this I am able to move the mouse, but clicks have no effect.  I'm
still able to use the keyboard to enter CTRL-ALT-F1 and open a console.
Killing X windows enables me to log back into xfce, with no apparent
side effects.

It normlly takes an hour or more for the problem to appear.  I don't
believe it's related to an application error, the only application I
always have open when the problem occurs is Terminal.  The issue
has not triggered when Terminal is active, so I've unable to test
keyboard input.

Jeff