[PC-BSD Testing] instant unexpected logout..

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Tue Sep 20 08:15:27 PDT 2011

On 09/19/2011 2:03 PM, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On 9/19/11 10:39 AM, Arthur wrote:
>

>> I did report it but I think it was working again in Beta1.5 x86. It
>> was originally borked in Beta 1. I did not retry in Beta 2 yet on x86.
>>

> fails on beta2

Well this is odd. After sending the e-mail about it working ok on my
Dell 960, I left the PC running for a while on the OpenGL Information
screen. Subsequently, it turned off the display (sleep) and just a
moment ago I tried to wake the monitor via mouse and nothing happened.
Pressed a few keys and nothing happened. CTRL-ALT-F1 /
CTRL-ALT-Backspace, nothing. I punched the power button and it shut down
gracefully but did not drop to the normal text shutdown screen. The
monitor stayed off (amber) the whole time. I'm going to try again to see
if I can replicate it. Anyone know if there's an error log that might
hold a clue as to what happened?

Arthur