[PC-BSD Testing] wine pbi9 / etc.

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Sep 20 05:16:18 PDT 2011

On 09/19/11 21:07, Brian Smith wrote:
> I also cannot install .exe files via Wine. The HPLIP drivers installed
> successfully, however not all of them show up in the printer
> configuration dialog - I had to find and extract the PPD file for my
> F4100 HP into my /home directory and point the installer to it. This
> is a five year old bug unique to FreeBSD / PC-BSD, reported several
> times. The Firefox version is woefully out-dated and will not load my
> extensions or play Flash videos. It's too bad about the crappy
> Bluetooth support in the BSDs - no fault of PC-BSD, but something I
> use on a daily basis. With the exception of the old Firefox PBI, it
> seems these are all upstream issues. These issues aside, Beta 2 has
> been stable, polished and fast on my system so far.
>
> On 09/19/11, *Yuri Momotiuk * <yurkis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Seems like wine pbi is not register mime types. I can not launch exe
>> files by double click. Please confirm. Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards, Yuri Momotyuk

Firefox out of date --> We are still finishing the rebuild of the 9.x
PBI's and the www category is at the end. Once we get there, all the web
browsers should be updated to the latest versions.

Bluetooth support --> A bluetooth configuration/setup utility is in the
works here, and it will probably be released with PCBSD 9.1

Wine .exe files --> I will look into the Wine PBI and see why it is not
registering the mime types and get back to you once it has been fixed.

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems