[PC-BSD Testing] wine pbi9 / etc.

Brian Smith peispud at eastlink.ca
Mon Sep 19 18:07:24 PDT 2011

I also cannot install .exe files via Wine. The HPLIP drivers installed successfully, however not all of them show up in the printer configuration dialog - I had to find and extract the PPD file for my F4100 HP into my /home directory and point the installer to it. This is a five year old bug unique to FreeBSD / PC-BSD, reported several times. The Firefox version is woefully out-dated and will not load my extensions or play Flash videos. It's too bad about the crappy Bluetooth support in the BSDs - no fault of PC-BSD, but something I use on a daily basis. With the exception of the old Firefox PBI, it seems these are all upstream issues. These issues aside, Beta 2 has been stable, polished and fast on my system so far.