[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 9.0-BETA2

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Sep 19 07:15:31 PDT 2011

On 09/18/11 18:00, Josh Paetzel wrote:
> Just some thoughts:
>
> Thunderbird 6.0.2 PBI doesn't start enigmail properly, it pops up an error
> right away about not being able to start the gpg-agent. In version
6.0.1 it
> wouldn't complain until you tried to send a pgp signed mail.
I just downloaded the 6.0.2 TB PBI from here:

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/pbioutgoing/x64/9/mail/thunderbird/

Its working fine for me with enigmail... How are you running it? Via CLI
or icon? If CLI, try using the thunderbird-wrapper command, does that work?

> In PCBSD 8.2 I could install a PBI by downloading it manually and
clicking it
> in the file manager. This functionality doesn't seem to work in 9.0. I'm
> prompted for my root password twice but then nothing happens. I can
however
> add PBIs manually with pbi_add from the CLI
This is in KDE I assume? I'll check it out.

> The 9.0-BETA2 Full Install USB image seems to be non-functional. I
couldn't
> get this to boot.
Some others have reported issues with this as well, possibly the image
was too large, I'll check it out.

> Disabling capslock via KDE works. It didn't work for me in PCBSD 8.2.
Great!

> The volume buttons on my Thinkpad T510 don't work. They worked in PCBSD
8.2.
Boo! Was this a FreeBSD change you think?

> The battery meter in the tray seems to have gone missing, however I do get
> alerts of low battery conditions and so forth.
Again, KDE?

> A ZFS install uses a UFS /boot. For some reason the symlink between
/boot and
> /boot-mount was destroyed on my 9.0-BETA1.5 system (perhaps due to me
> installing a custom kernel) and hilarity ensued when upgrading to BETA2. A
> better method might be a full zfs on root install.
>
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFSOnRoot

I've already implemented a fix for this which should prevent this issue :)

- --