[PC-BSD Testing] trying mythtv on 9.0Beta2 but...

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Sat Sep 17 01:40:15 PDT 2011

how in the heck do I get  mysql to accept a connection from another

I ran the pf tool and disabled pf (at least I clicked on the button).

telnet to the port gets back a rude message about the other machine
not being authorized to connect to the database..

If anyone's run the mythTV PBI/app (someone must  or why is it an
integral part of the PCBSD release?)
can they let me know the magic to allow a mythfrontend from some other
machine connect?

It works from the local machine to but not if I specify the
local actual machine interface address.
but the machine is too slow to actually be able to show the video
without making you sea-sick.