[PC-BSD Testing] Cannot login after upgrade to PC-BSD 9.0-BETA2
productnews at hvf.ch
Fri Sep 16 09:34:42 PDT 2011
I have tried all 9 window managers, here my results:
- 4 working window managers: IceWM, LXDE, Xfce-Session, Window-maker
- 1 WM that works more or less: Gnome (always fires up the emergency
backup window after login)
- 1 WM that is not usable (does not respond to any mouse events): ScrotWM
- 2 WM that crash: KDE, Fluxbox
- 1 WM that does not start at all: awesome
Soo my favourite KDE is the one that crashes ;-(
Two more things:
- the TERMINAL font is missing
- Thunderbird does not save the settings of a new account -> need to
recreate it every time I log in
On 15.09.2011 17:32, Kris wrote:
> What window manager are you selecting? Do any of the other ones work?
> Productnews <productnews at hvf.ch> wrote:
> I upgraded from BETA1.5 to BETA2 using the cmd line (as root)
> # pc-updatemanager install release-9.0-BETA2
> After a night's long download and two reboots, the system came up with
> the usual login screen. After logging in, the KDE Isotope screen
> appears, and after some seconds the X server dies and restarts with the
> login screen.
> Using a different user account than my usual one does not help.
> Graphics controller: VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation
> 82915G/GV/910GL Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 04), screen is
> Do I have to do a full install (again)?
> thanks, Harald
> Testing mailing list
> Testing at lists.pcbsd.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Testing