[PC-BSD Testing] can't print on Beta1.5

Sven Moeller smoeller at nichthelfer.de
Thu Sep 15 15:10:56 PDT 2011

On Dienstag, 6. September 2011 02:11:33 Tigersharke . wrote:
> Did you go to 'System Manager' in the control panel, to enable HPLIP
> in 'Hardware Drivers' section in System Packages tab? (I cannot
> confirm whether this is required to install other support files)

Tigersharke,

i didn't felt like you were talking down to me. ;-)

sorry for my late answer, i was waiting for BETA2. But BETA2 didn't solved the
printing issue. So i followed your suggestions and i installed the HPLIP
package via System Manager. As soon as the installation of these package was
finished, my printer was available and usable within KDE applications.

I had no idea that the package for HewletPackard printers might concerns
printer of other vendors. It seems to me that the HPLIP package provides kinda
"glue" for KDE (and maybe other?) applications to connect them to CUPS.

Thanks for your help.

kind regards
Sven