[PC-BSD Testing] Cannot login after upgrade to PC-BSD 9.0-BETA2

Kris kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Sep 15 08:32:16 PDT 2011

What window manager are you selecting? Do any of the other ones work?Productnews <productnews at hvf.ch> wrote:Hi

I upgraded from BETA1.5 to BETA2 using the cmd line (as root)

# pc-updatemanager install release-9.0-BETA2

After a night's long download and two reboots, the system came up with
the usual login screen. After logging in, the KDE Isotope screen
appears, and after some seconds the X server dies and restarts with the
login screen.
Using a different user account than my usual one does not help.

Graphics controller: VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation
82915G/GV/910GL Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 04), screen is
1680x1050

Do I have to do a full install (again)?

thanks, Harald