[PC-BSD Testing] Beta 2 Nvidia

Kris kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Sep 15 08:30:03 PDT 2011

Thanks for the report. I should be able to fix the skip failure, in the meantime can you select vesa and does that work?Ian McNulty <ian-mcnulty at o2.co.uk> wrote:           Intel Pentium 4, 2.4 Ghz, Nvidia Geforce4 MX440 video card. 1gb RAM. Multi boot system using grub2 with NTFS and Ext4 partitions.

After unsuccessful upgrade from b1.5  chose fresh install from x86 dvd. Standard install on UFS with KDE. Selected nvidia driver at install. Graphics test screen as usual, selected Nvidia, but continues to return to test screen each time selected without "do you want to keep" option appearing. Then selected skip (which worked in b1.5) but x fails to start. Reboot does not give option to rerun graphics set-up and x still does not start.

Did fresh install without nvidia driver option and selected nv at option screen. Same behaviour as above except the test screen does not return but x fails to start.

I know it is an old driver but has worked up to now with a bit of tweaking

Will leave system as is for a day in case info needed