[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD9.0-BETA1.5-x86-USBLITE.img.bz2

wa5qjh wa5qjh at xmission.com
Thu Sep 15 02:37:47 PDT 2011

On 09/13/2011 8:23 PM, wa5qjh wrote:

> > Need help:
> > Specifically somewhere to FINISH downloading
> > PCBSD9.0-BETA1.5-x86-USBLITE.img.bz2
> > May sound silly since Beta2 is now out But I'm really in the boondocks
> > ( actually Tagalog for Mountain.the only Pinoy word actually in the
> > English language lexicon) in Samar Philippines. Downloading is really
> > bad here. daytime bandwidth slows to about dialup or less. mostly
> > less. and Smart Cellular is engaging in Throttling or Capping.
> > I got capped at 534MB after 5 days of waiting patiently and using a
> > wget.exe to get that far. Smart Capped me at 534MB of the approx
> > 640MB. By a day and a half later, beta 2 was out and none of the
> > mirrors had what I needed any more. It just wouldn't pay to start all
> > over again.
> > To be real truthful, I'm not sure what is in the LITE USB image,
> > whether It will work in Live "Try it, you'll Like it" mode or not.
> > someone might comment on that. I looked for a description of the
> > different types and didnt find it where one might expect to. Please
> > forgive my ignorance.
> >  So can someone tell me where I might be able to finish my download or
> > whether I would even want it?
> > Thanks.
>

>No way to FTP it and resume it later if it fails?

Yes, I used wget which does that. but my problem is that all ( I Guess) the mirrors  deleted Beta 1.5 in favor of the beta 2. Now there's no place to continue from, THat I know of. SO the 2 questions
1. where can I still find the Beta 1.5 stuff     and
2. Can i even use the 1.5 USB .img as a live file system "demo"

I had to find a wget.exe and an MD5.exe to use in vista since there is no way i know of to use the USB Modem from Smart ( a ZTE??) from FreeBSD. and besides, not all my stuff has arrived here in thePI yet. still waiting.

--
Gary B. Corell
Failure is Not an option. It comes bundeled with your Microsoft product.