[PC-BSD Testing] Sysinstaller Bug

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Sep 13 13:26:50 PDT 2011

On 09/13/11 15:54, Ryan Mitchener wrote:
> On 9/13/2011 3:48 PM, Kris Moore wrote:

>>> After even further testing, it seems the SWAP is fine. The error seems
>>> to only occur if after using the "default layout" in "Advanced Mode"
>>> you change everything but the SWAP to use ZFS. There error does not
>>> occur if there are only 2 ZFS partitions. However, if there are three
>>> the error occurs.
>>>
>>> However, after two successful installs of a single ZFS root
>>> partitioned install, they still will not boot giving me the "No UFS"
>>> error.
>> Ok, I'm going to try and replicate. Just for the record, what is the
>> disk layout you are trying to use?
>>
>> I.E.:
>>
>> / - ZFS
>> SWAP
>> /usr - ZFS
>> /var -ZFS
>>
>> Is it something like that?
>>

> my layout is:
>
> / - ZFS (3 GB)
> SWAP (200 MB)
> /var - ZFS (3 GB)
> /usr -ZFS (3.8 GB)

So you are creating 3 separate zpools for each mount? What happens if
you do a single zpool with all the mounts in it?

Like this:

/,/var,/usr - ZFS (10GB)
SWAP - 200MB

In the GUI when you create a ZFS partition, there is a box for
additional mount-points, add /var and /usr to that, and does it do
anything different?