[PC-BSD Testing] Sysinstaller Bug

Ryan Mitchener ryanmitchener at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:36:17 PDT 2011

On 9/13/2011 2:42 PM, Kris Moore wrote:
> On 09/13/11 14:41, Ryan Mitchener wrote:
>> I am running the PC-BSD Beta 2 x86 DVD and if you try to modify the
>> SWAP partition (after clicking use default layout) in the advanced
>> partitioning settings it sets the SWAP partition's mount point to
>> null, causing the installer to fail. Is anyone else having this
>> problem? It happened in the Beta 1.5 DVD as well.
>>
>> -Ryan Mitchener
> I'll have to try that. Whats the specific error message you are getting
> in the installer? The mount for SWAP is supposed to be NULL from what I
> remember.

After even further testing, it seems the SWAP is fine. The error seems
to only occur if after using the "default layout" in "Advanced Mode" you
change everything but the SWAP to use ZFS. There error does not occur if
there are only 2 ZFS partitions. However, if there are three the error
occurs.

However, after two successful installs of a single ZFS root partitioned
install, they still will not boot giving me the "No UFS" error.