[PC-BSD Testing] Sysinstaller Bug

Ryan Mitchener ryanmitchener at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:01:52 PDT 2011

On 9/13/2011 2:42 PM, Kris Moore wrote:
> On 09/13/11 14:41, Ryan Mitchener wrote:
>> I am running the PC-BSD Beta 2 x86 DVD and if you try to modify the
>> SWAP partition (after clicking use default layout) in the advanced
>> partitioning settings it sets the SWAP partition's mount point to
>> null, causing the installer to fail. Is anyone else having this
>> problem? It happened in the Beta 1.5 DVD as well.
>>
>> -Ryan Mitchener
> I'll have to try that. Whats the specific error message you are getting
> in the installer? The mount for SWAP is supposed to be NULL from what I
> remember.

After further testing it seems to only cause problems if I change the
other partitions to ZFS. The error that causes a problem is:

running: zpool create -m none -f tank1 /dev/ada0s1e
cannot create 'tank1': pool already exists
EXITERROR: Error 1: zpool create -m none -f tank1 /dev/ada0s1e

On a side note, my install that actually completed installation did not
boot saying, "
Not ufs
Not ufs
No /boot/loader"