[PC-BSD Testing] can't print on Beta1.5

Sven Moeller smoeller at nichthelfer.de
Thu Sep 1 14:33:45 PDT 2011

Hi,

my Printer (Canon Pixma iP4000) seems to be configured properly. It shows up
in both PC-BSD Systemsettings and KDE Systemsettings. But, i can just print
from GTK applications like firefox (Firefox 4.x installed by PBI). It's not
possible to print from any KDE application. I wanted to print a site from a
PDF file using Okular. But the printer dialog window just gives me the option
to print into a file. Either Postscript or PDF. Same behaivior with KMail and
KWrite.  Is this a known problem? How can i fix this (or trouble shoot
better)?

thx and regards

Sven