[PC-BSD Testing] printer properties control panel - inconsistent results

Tigersharke . tigersharke at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 11:10:43 PDT 2011

 Hello..

I am using 64bit PC-BSD 9.0rc1 and KDE. System packages installed: Hardware
drivers HPLIP, Desktops: all, Unsupported Desktops: all. All applications
are installed as PBI via AppCafe.  I have discovered some rather
inconsistent print results.

>From the printing control panel (available for all Desktops), I selected my
printer, then right-click for properties->job options ->common options. I
configure: Landscape Orientation, 2 pages per side.

In each application, I configure page setup or printer options prior to
printing for: 1 page per side, portrait oriented.

Results:

*Firefox*: 1 page per side, portrait oriented

**Okular*: 2 pages per side, portrait oriented, portrait oriented page 1
above portrait oriented page 2.

**Abiword*: 1 page per side, landscape oriented.

*Opera*: 1 page per side, portrait oriented.

*Chromium*: 1 page per side, portrait oriented.

The web browsers clearly ignore the printer settings from the control
panel, while the editor-oriented programs partially conform to the printing
control panel.

Thanks for your efforts!