[PC-BSD Testing] RC1: KDE default theme

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Sun Oct 30 06:24:05 PDT 2011

On 10/30/2011 05:39, Serghey Suvorov wrote:
> PCBSD9.0-RC1-x64-DVD.iso; KDE.
>
> To Ken Moore.
>
> Hi Ken,
> it is in addition to our "9.0b3: 2 old, 1 new".
>
> After start the first blue background picture changes
> into sea green one. Therewith previous icons from the
> blue background are lost, and screensaver color settings
> are lost too. Sea green background requires its own
> icons replacing. It is irritative situation.
>
> Regards
> Serghey

When you are talking about the blue/green background, is this when KDE
is loading? (when the 5 icons gradually appear before it shows the KDE
desktop)
When the default (Blue) background is shown as KDE is loading, it means
that it is using the settings found in your .kde4/ folder in the home
directory. A green background when loading means that KDE could not find
your saved settings and is rebuilding your settings directory with the
defaults. In this case, something must have happened to your .kde4/
folder that either corrupted it or wiped it. If you can discover what
caused that, we can definitely try to prevent it from happening again in
the future.

~Ken Moore~
PC-BSD/iXsystems