[PC-BSD Testing] 9.0 RC1 Installer Password Problem with non-english Keyboard Layout

Susi Angstroem susiangstroem at yahoo.de
Sat Oct 29 17:41:08 PDT 2011

Hi!
Just tested RC1 and found a problem in the Installer. I chose "German" as language and keyboard layout, but when setting the user password,

I was still on the default keymap (without noticing first since password input is masked with dots).
When I tried to log in after the install had finished i was on the german keyboard layout, which led to the problem that my password was refused.
Is this a known issue?

Regards,
ultrixx