[PC-BSD Testing] BETA2 -> RC1 no update possible?

Lars Engels lars.engels at 0x20.net
Thu Oct 27 11:56:32 PDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 07:01:46PM +0200, Lars Engels wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:50:57PM -0400, Ken Moore wrote:
> > On 10/27/11 12:37, Lars Engels wrote:

[...]

> > > Well... The update aborts.
> > > Yesterday, after some hours of downloading packages the update showed an
> > > error:
> > > "Failed to install: System Update to 9.0-RC1 Possible causes: Dropped
> > > internet connection or low disk space.
> > >
> > > But the machine is still online and I have 41GB free space in
> > > /usr/local/tmp. /tmp also hase 1.3 GB.
> > >
> > > Now I re-tried it but the same problem again. It fails at
> > > kdeartwork-4.6.5.tbz.

> > This is a known bug with the updater that should be fixed in RC2. It is
> > simply not very tolerant about fluctuations in the internet
> > connection/download. You should be able to simply restart the update and
> > it will pick up the download where it left off.
>
> Nope, same problem again. First it's checking all md5 sums of the
> already downloaded packages but then when trying to download kdeartwork
> it bails out.
> Is it possible to run that in a shell, so I can actually see the error
> message or what's being done?

Update:
I downloaded kdeartwork manually into /usr/local/tmp/9.0-RC1/packages,
also downloaded the according MD5 file and checked if it matches the
package which it did. So I restarted the update but it still bails out
at the very same point. I am sure that it's not about disk space or
internet connection, so how can I get the real (TM) error message?