[PC-BSD Testing] New install RC1 Caution!

AJ MacLeod aj-lists at adeptopensource.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 15:11:51 PDT 2011

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:50:08 +0100
Ian McNulty <ian-mcnulty at o2.co.uk> wrote:

> Installed to the FreeBSD slices in both cases and on re-boot, the
> complete drives have been formatted to UFS!! and the Linux and windows
> partitions wiped. The BSD boot loader must also  have been installed on
> the single drive laptop, as it boots straight into PCBSD.

I installed RC1 from the 32bit CD onto a laptop with Vista in one partition and the other half of the disk empty.

The installation seemed OK, afterwards it tried to boot up into Windows (using the Windows bootloader) but failed - repairing the Windows bootloader got Vista working again and I was able to add PC-BSD to the Windows bootloader menu whereupon it booted and ran fine.