[PC-BSD Testing] New install RC1 Caution!

Ian McNulty ian-mcnulty at o2.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 13:50:08 PDT 2011

I have done 2 fresh installs of RC1 on both desktop and a spare laptop,
both of which have multiple partitions including FreeBSD, Linux and windows.

Installed to the FreeBSD slices in both cases and on re-boot, the
complete drives have been formatted to UFS!! and the Linux and windows
partitions wiped. The BSD boot loader must also  have been installed on
the single drive laptop, as it boots straight into PCBSD.

I will check this out asap, as it is just possible I made a mistake
twice, but I doubt it , as I have installed all previous PCBSD9 betas
without such a catastrophe.

Can someone check this on a non critical drive?